Susana Balbo Crios Rosé of Malbec
- Vintage: 2019
- Origin: Uco Valley, Argentina
- Taste Guide: It's got a rich deep colour and is juicy and broad flavoured with cherries and raspberries on the palate and strawberries and cream aromas on the nose. And throughout there's a piquant pink grapefruit crispness which provides the essential rosé character before it rounds off with a clean, dry finish.
- Food pairing: It's a good rosé to pair with food; roast chicken and spicy Asian dishes work very well.
- 75cl - 14.5% - Screwcap Opening
- Beautifully light & bright pink in bottle, photo doesn’t do it justice!
Susana Balbo is a truly exceptional talent – a global ambassador for Argentine wine, a woman whose expertise is the very embodiment of art and science seamlessly combined.In 1981 Susana received her degree in enology, and became the first woman in Argentina to do so. She has worked at many well-regarded wineries such as Martins and Catena Zapata.
In 2012, she was recognised as one of the “Most influential women wine-makers” by The Drink Business magazine. Recently in 2018, the magazine recognised Susana Balbo again by including her in the list of “The 10 most influential women in the wine world”.
Susana Balbo Crios Rosé is made from high quality malbec grapes and is a extremely well made. Expect a delicious, medium bodied combination of light summer red fruits, including strawberry, red cherry and cream. The wine is a lovely pink colour owing to the short time the skins will left in contact with the wine.