Supernova Malbec, Domaine des Grandes Espérances
- Vintage: 2015
- Origin: Loire Valley France
- Taste Guide: Medium bodied and Oaked; The wine displays a purple hue and is complex on the nose, with aromas of cherry, peony and spices. A delicious, slightly floral and supple wine in contrast to its South of France cousins. Lovely structure and “tight” yet fine tannins give this wine a nice, interesting finish. Important to let this breathe and open up for a hour or so before enjoying the full potential. This is one of those wines that we thought tasted even better when we finished it the second night!
- Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly
- 75cl - 12.5% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Will Cellar fine until 2025
- Meal matches: Charcuterie starter or roasted red meat mains
A rare find here produced by Saget La Perrière; made from 100% Malbec, hand-harvested from mature, thirty-year-old vineyards planted on a clay-loam soil. The Cuvee is fermented in stainless steel tanks, with twice-daily pumping over the cap during the first week, after which the cap is then gently punched down from time to time to manage the tannin release from the skins. The wine is aged in previously used barrels for about a year. The nose shows aromas of cherry, peony and spice; the palate is supple, with fine tannins and a freshness that reflects the Loire’s cool-climate.