Siesta, Single Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vintage: 2017
- Origin: Vista Flores, Mendoza
- Taste guide: Oaked, full bodied with lovely balanced tannins. “Intense reddish hues, clean and shiny, nose resembles red pepper, olives, cinnamon,blackberry and cherries. Exquisite palate and imposing structure it is at the same time fresh,intense and long lasting. In the mouth it finishes with an enduring and pleasant aftertaste”. (*2014 vint)
- Food pairing: Barbecue and lamb chops. Aged cheeses.
- 75cl - 13.5% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Sediment in bottle, please decant or be careful on the last glass/glug!
Founded by Ernesto Catena, a fourth-generation winemaker of Italian descent, Siesta was inspired by ancient Incan traditions. The Inca would often bury offerings to the land so that it would remain healthy and fertile. Following this ancient tradition, every year Ernesto Catena’s team buries a few bottles of their best wines in the Vistaflores vineyard, hoping that while sleeping their endless “Siesta”, these bottles will protect the vines, people, and harvest. Only biodynamically-certified grapes from the best lots of the Vistaflores vineyard that have been fermented in small tanks are used. The wine is later aged in French and American oak barrels for 14 months and then ages in bottle for another year. Intense, complex, and elegant, Siesta wines aim to express the varietal personality, which is enhanced by the unique characteristics of the Vistaflores terroir.
£20 RRP based on other vintages or lack of them, available from Europe with retails of €30. In a restaurant this would retail at circa £50+ per bottle.
Try it from us for just £15.99 p/btl.