Prophet’s Rock Pinot Noir
- Vintage: 2019
- Origin: Central Otago, New Zealand
- Taste guide: "Concentrated and elegant with red and dark fruit, spectacular baking spices combined with smoky oak and the signature integrated tannin structure, this seamless wine with its velvety texture will leave you wanting more."
- Oak aged in French Oak barrels for close to 10 months.
- Cellaring: Will cellar and develop well if cared for, until 2029
- Food match: Duck, game or lightly seasoned and roasted lamb dishes.
- 75cl - 14% - Natural Cork Opening
- SUPERB score on Vivino.com
Prophet’s Rock is considered to be one of the most premium categories in the Central Otago region. It was established in 1999 with the sole aim of creating unique wines that were never tasted before in this region. Today, the Prophet’s Rock label makes use of only three grape varietals – Riesling, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir, grown in its own estate, to create its flagship wines.
The grapes are sourced from two vineyards located in the region of Bendigo – Prophet’s Rock Home Vineyard and the Rocky Point. The flavour and character of the resultant wines speak volumes about the rich experience of the winemaker at Prophet’s Rock. Paul Pujol, the chief winemaker at this estate, joined the group after many years of working at some of the iconic wine regions in France, such as Burgundy, Alsace, Sancerre and more.
Developed taste guide continued:
The nose is filled with aromatic aromas of black cherry, blackberry, and plum, with hints of violet and spice. On the palate, the wine is rich and full-bodied, yet beautifully balanced by its fresh acidity and firm tannins. It has a complex and layered flavour profile, boasting notes of dark fruit, earth, and savory herbs.
2019 vintage hard to find but where we did find it, it was
Stock up and cherish for just £26.99 a bottle.
RRP below based on ‘Simply Wines Direct’ which isn’t the same aged vintage.