Marques de Riscal Finca Torrea, Rioja
- Vintage: 2010
- Origin: Rioja, Spain
- Taste, appearance & nose: Very intense, lively cherry red colour. Aromas of fresh and well ripened red and black fruit, balanced with oaky vanilla notes from ageing in French oak barrels. Blackberry prominent on the palate alongside the continuation of the oaky nuances. Pleasant lingering finish.
- Meal matching: This wine pairs well with all kinds of meat dishes: roasts, grills, stewed with mushrooms, in spicy sauces… It is a perfect match for free-range chicken and poularde casserole. It can also accompany fish dishes if they have sauces with strong flavours and aromas, such as sea bream or cod with tomato and red peppers. It is also ideal with red tuna fish.
- Allow the wine to breathe/decant for 2 or 3 hours if you can wait that long!
- 75cl Bottle - 14% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Varietals: Tempranillo / Graciano
- Producer wine profile page
This wine has been made using tempranillo and graciano grapes from an old vineyard cultivated inside the Finca de Torrea estate it is a “village wine” from Elciego, where the Marqués de Riscal City of Wine is located.
Finca Torrea is a modern-style wine with a very up-to-date profile, more fruit and less herby in character and aged for a shorter time both in the cask and in the bottle. It is a different style to the wines that Marqués de Riscal have traditionally made, not only due to its modern character, but also for the image of its label showing the map of the vineyard plots of the Finca de Torrea, inspired by the line of design marked by the architect Frank O.Gehry with the Hotel Marqués de Riscal.
“It is an elegant, fresh wine, easy to drink yet with a certain air of gravity, which really shows the quality of our Elciego vineyards”.
The 2010 Vintage is rare, to the point where you will struggle to find it in many UK merchants now, one site had the 2017 vintage at £30 when we checked.
Only 6 bottles sourced, Jan ‘24