FINCA LOROSCO, Reserva Merlot
Fresh fruity aromas of blackberries and plums, intermingled with soft toasty notes and sweet vanilla. Medium-full bodied, soft tannins and a pleasant finish.
- BULK BUY OFFER AVAILABLE: 6 for £36
- Vintage: 2019
- Origin: Maipo Valley, Chile
- Taste guide: Medium to full bodied, black fruits continue from nose to palate, hints of vanilla and cocoa, smooth with a lovely finish - part oaked
- 75cl - screwcap closure - 13.5%
- Food Pairings: Lamb shank, sauaage casserole, tomato based pasta or many other red meat dishes will be ideal.
The Maipo Valley is a renowned wine region within the Central Valley of Chile, not far from the capital, Santiago. This is with good reason, a warm daytime climate along with an elevated height and proximity to the mountains, Merlot enjoys a long growing season with cool evening temperatures here too. Finca Lorosco Winery is found here and we have sourced two of their lovely reds, primarily produced for the restaurant trade and not found in supermarkets. Click this link to see the Carmenere, from Finca Lorosco.
Not showing any sign of age in this youthful purple deep coloured wine. Lovely fresh black fruits on the nose. This leads on to the palate with some full bodied flavours of New World Merlot, vanilla and chocolate. Good quality and length in the finish. Decent quality Chilean Merlot for less that £7 a bottle.Many pubs/restaurants charge around £8 for a large glass (£22 per bottle) of this Merlot, try a whole bottle for £6.90 or £36 for 6 in our bulk buy offer.