Domaine de Cala, Coteaux Varois en Provence Rosé 2021
- Vintage: 2021
- Origin: Provence, France
- Taste guide: Dry, elegant and unoaked. Very light, pale, peach-pink in colour with bright glints. The nose reveals scents of citrus and grapefruit. The aromas then evolve into notes of lemon and fresh apricot. On the palate, the attack is elegant, bright and luscious, accompanied by hints of citrus and fresh apricot, followed by a saline, mineral finish.
- Superb score of 4.1/5 on Vivino
- 75cl - 12.5% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Food pairing: Pair with fish and shellfish; shrimp; pork; vegetarian fare; roast chicken; appetizers and snacks.
- Fermentation and aged in stainless steel vats.
- Vineyard link
The winery asserts: “This extraordinary variety of soils is the key factor in the wine’s identity. Domaine de CALA draws its excellence in the great diversity of soils, giving it a unique identity. The vineyards offer a soft and supple soil, full of life. The vines benefit from deep soils devoid of pebbles, allowing a full expression. The vineyard was made of massale selection to guarantee an exceptional quality. The multitude of parcels allows both exposure of the vineyards on hillsides and an exhibition of vines on a plateau. The different slopes and the exposure windswept by the mistral allow cooler harvests offering a more complex polyphenolic maturity.”
Domaine de Cala Coteaux Varois en Provence is a fruit-driven, refreshing, easy drinker. Classic smooth, sophisticated, non-threatening Provence rosé. This is wine people who don’t think they enjoy wine could easily sip and pretend they are enjoying it just to fit into a situation with friends who enjoy drinking wine. Even more likely, they may find themselves enjoying this libation!
£19 at Ocado, grab an absolute bargain here for a top quality rosé.