Cape Portrait, Chenin Blanc | Sauvignon Blanc
- Vintage: 2022
- Origin: Bottled in Cape Town, South Africa
- Grape varietals: Chenin Blanc 51% and Sauvignon Blanc 49%
- Colour: Pale straw with bright green edges.
- Nose: An abundance of tropical fruit with passion fruit, blackcurrant and guava, zesty lime rind and lemon grass and hints of white peach and lychee.
- Taste guide: The fresh tropical fruits carry through onto the palate, ending with a crisp acidity and lingering lime and citrus flavours.
- Food pairing: Enjoy on its own slightly chilled or with barbecued chicken, summer salads, plain grilled fish and pan-fried calamari.
- 75cl - 11.5% - Screwcap Opening - Vegan Friendly
Durbanville Hills is one of only a handful of urban-based wineries. This close proximity to Cape Town has inspired our winemakers to create a new range of uniquely blended wines, which are vibrant, flavoursome and celebrate the essence of the city’s diverse and creative lifestyle.
Grapes were sourced from the Cape Town region where maritime climatic conditions ensure slow ripening of grapes and delicate fruity wines. The cooler temperatures due to oceanic winds and the long hours of sunlight as the sun sets into the ocean, delivers healthy, aromatic grapes.
The grapes were picked from end of January until mid-February between 20 – 21°. In the cellar the grapes were crushed and drained under a blanket of dry ice to preserved the typical delicate flavours. The juice was floated and cold fermented at 14 – 15°C, followed by extended contact with the lees for almost two weeks to enhance the mouth-feel. After vinification the wine was blended and bottled.
Lots of wine for your money here, just £7.69 for a lovely white blend, bottled on-site in Cape Town.