Bottega 2014 Brunello di Montalcino
- Vintage: 2014
- Origin: Montalcino, Italy - Estate Bottled
- Weight and oaking: Medium-full bodied & oaked for nearly 3 years in Slovenian Oak Barrels.
- View: Ruby red colour with garnet rim.
- Nose: Intense and persistent with hints of berries and violets, musk, spices and aromatic wood. Notes of vanilla, jam and balsamic nuances.
- Palate: Dry, warm, robust and soft. It reflects the nose with complex, with very balanced tannins with alcohol. Pleasant and persistent aftertaste.
- Meal matching: Pairs very well with intensely-flavoured dishes, well hung red meat and game, mushrooms (especially porcini and truffles) and/or mature cheeses.
- 75cl - 14% - Traditional Cork Opening
Brunello di Montalcino is one of the most prestigious Italian wines and well-known all over the world. Montalcino is located about 40 km south of the city of Siena, in a beautiful hilly area. An uncontaminated agricultural landscape of great history and beauty that, since 2004, is registered on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
The red grapes are hand picked, de-stemmed and then fermented with maceration for about three weeks in stainless steel tanks thermo conditioned at 28°-30°C. After the alcoholic fermentation proceeds to the fermentation that allows to obtain a wine that is soft and balanced, more persistent, more full-bodied with finer aromas. The ageing provides at least a minimum period of 2 years in oak casks and 4 months in bottle. Brunello must be put on the market, accordingly to the current regulations, after the fifth year after the harvest. This bottle will cellar well for another couple of years but best drunk before 2026.
Retails for £31-£42 elsewhere including Duty Free at Manchester and Edinburgh airports, we have secured a small amount of bottles that we can offer you for just £26.95. (4 bottles left in stock 14/12/21)