YERING Station Village Shiraz, Yarra Valley
- Vintage: 2016
- Origin: Yarra Valley, South Australia
- Taste guide: Medium/Full bodied, dry and oaked. Nose of pepper and spice with hints of violets and dark berries too. A focused palate that reveals rich fruity flavours of blackberry, spice and cedar. The structure is tight, with crisp French oak characters and delicate, lingering tannins.
- Food Pairing: Beef rib, venison or rich pasta dishes.
- Give the glass a good swirl and or decant first to open up.
- 75cl - Traditional Cork Opening - 14.1%
- Vegetarian/Vegan friendly
- Will Cellar fine for another 3-4 years
If you are looking for wines that are a perfect blend of old-world charm and novel sophistication, you need to buy Yering Station Wines. Located in the Yarra Valley, Yering Station is the most ancient vineyard in Victoria. You can get to this sprawling & historic property in just about one hour from Melbourne.
The winery was first planted in 1838 and the beauty of the wines made here is that they are processed using techniques that have been in use for many decades; yet, the process combines innovative sophistications incorporated by expert wine-makers in the field.
This example is just that, innovative; 98% Shiraz and 2% Viognier, but fermented to traditional methods and aged in trusted oak barrels. The 'magic' Viognier adds an element of opulent aromatic character to the nose and softens the palate, a technique used traditionally in the Cote Rotie area of the Northern Rhone.