Torres Gran Coronas, Cabernet Sauvignon RESERVA
- Vintage: 2015
- Origin: Pendès, Spain
- Taste guide: Full bodied, rich, complex and oaked. The sensual aroma is typical of the grape varieties recalling berry fruit, green coffee beans, liquorice and the characteristic vanilla and leather notes from oak ageing. On the palate the wine is full and silky with dense, well-structured tannins. Please also read small press review at the bottom of this page.
- Varietal blend: 85% Cabernet, 15% Tempranillo
- 75cl - Traditional Cork Opening - 14%
- Food pairing: Rich beef, steak, roast beef rib.
- However if you are Vegan or Vegetarian this wine is safe to drink too!
The Torres family has been making wine in the ancient Catalán town of Vilafranca del Penedès, south-west of Barcelona, since the 17th Century. It is this tradition combined with innovation, dynamism and commitment to quality that has put Torres firmly on the world map. In 2006 Torres were awarded European Winery of the Year in Wine Enthusiast’s Annual Wine Star Awards. Torres Gran Coronas arose from the innovative drive of Miguel A.
Torres, who planted the French variety of Cabernet Sauvignon in the Penedès region at the end of the 1960s and early 1970s, when normal practice was to plant local white varieties. Thanks to this, Gran Coronas has become a benchmark for reserva red wines from Penedès.
Dunfermline Press, 28th August 2021:
This Spanish beauty has a splash of Tempranillo to up the tempo and fetching aromas of blueberry, cassis and jammy blackberry, followed by dark cherry fruit, hints of vanilla from oak ageing, and a lick of liquorice adding to its complexity. The finish is long and luxurious.