The Federalist Red Blend (Bourbon Barrel Aged)
- Vintage: 2016
- Origin: Mendocino County, California
- Taste guide: Full bodied, bourbon barrel oaked, shows fine balance and has a lovely long finish. Dark cherry, blackberry and baking spice on the nose. Smooth palate reveals fine tannins, juicy red and dark berry fruit profile layered with a hint of smoky-vanilla sweetness from the oak, fresh yet rich and vibrant.
- Grape Varieties: Merlot (circa 76%), Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon
- 75cl - 14.5% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Food pairing: A great choice to pair with chicken marinated in barbecue sauce or grilled smoked sausages.
- Allow this complex and rich wine to breathe for 20 minutes prior to drinking... if you can wait that long!
The Federalist pays homage to the 'founding fathers' for all they did to create the United States of America. These Individuals took bold steps when action was required. The Federalist wines proudly celebrate American heritage and are crafted from grapes grown in prestigious California wine regions known for their flavourful wines – Sonoma County and Lodi.
They take great pride in the brand because of their ability to brew authentic American Craft Wine, that is a perfect blend of tradition and innovation. Every single wine bottle that comes from the brand is well-crafted by talented winesmiths from the choicest of grapes that they grow so painstakingly.
This unique Cabernet Sauvignon blend represents the bold, American tradition of aging in Bourbon barrels. Bold fruit with rich, toasted vanilla and spice tones to deliver great flavour. It is full bodied but smooth and well balanced.
This unique Californian wine is a classic ‘non-supermarket’ wine that has so much story behind it but also taste to match. Various wine merchants retail this for around £20 but you can try it from us for just £14.99 per bottle, a cracking price for a great red wine.