Susana Balbo Signature White Blend
- Vintage: 2018
- Origin: Mendoza, Argentina
- Taste Guide: Medium bodied and matured for 4 months in French oak barrels; elegant and aromatic bouquet, with ripe berry fruit, citrus tinges, delicate oak character and soft tannins on the palate. A wonderfully balanced wine.
- 75cl - 13.5% - Traditional Cork Closure
- Food friend: A great companion to roasted lamb, casseroles, as well as traditional Tapas.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly
- Please let the wine breathe for 20 minutes or so first, even if you have to place it back in the fridge briefly.
Susana Balbo’s Signature wines capture her ultimate expression as a winemaker - creating bold wines with artistic finesse. Becoming the first female enologist in Argentina after graduating with honours from Don Bosco University in Mendoza in 1981, here is a wine that reflects such pioneering spirit.
A Bordeaux blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, but with an added dash of Torrontes, bringing a beautiful floral note to the wine. The grapes are individually barrel fermented, then spend around 4 months resting in the barrel post fermentation. This delicate oak influence adds great complexity and richness to this aromatic white wine. Unfortunately, there's not much of it around at the moment due to excellent scores from Decanter and Tim Atkin MW, so grab it while you can! Wonderfully aromatic with floral and citric notes intermixed with hints of white fruit, coming through as a fresh, subtle blend.
Circa £20 elsewhere including Selfridges before they sold out and this vintage is even rarer now of course. Just £14.99 here.