Shaya Arindo Verdejo, Juan Gil
- Vintage: 2019 & 2021 (Labels vary)
- Origin: Rueda, Spain
- Taste Guide: Off dry, light-medium in body, crisp and unoaked. This is a sensual, tropical Spanish white, fragrant with pineapples, pears and mangoes. Clean, smooth, mineral aftertones… this is a must try for Sauvignon Blanc fans looking for something new!
- Food pairing: Pair this young white wine with shrimp and semi hard cheeses.
- 75cl - 13.5% - Traditonal Cork Opening
- Great score and feedback on Vivino.com
Shaya Bodegas and Vineyards is a project of the Gil family, established in 2008. The Australian winemaker, Belinda Thomson, is in charge of the technical direction of winery.
The vineyards from which the grapes originate are located near Segovia.
The soils are very sandy and covered with boulders. The harvest is done carefully and manually.
The wine is fermented in stainless steel tanks for about 25 days at a controlled temperature of 15°.
Once the fermentation is complete, the Verdejo remains refrigerated until bottling.
£12.95 @ Corks & Cru but just £6.49 per bottle represents a huge Bin End Bargain! Just 24 bottles sourced.