Recoleta Criolla Grande
- Vintage: 2019
- Origin: Mendoza, Argentina
- Taste guide: A wonderful light, refreshing and has a juicy palate of red apple, raspberry and cherry flavours. Unoaked wine that is a great alternative to Pinot Noir!
- 75cl - Screwcap Opening - 13%
- Food Pairing: Meaty fish, cheese selections, red meat, lighter tomato based pasta dishes.
- Vegetarian & Vegan friendly
Wine stable, Las Bodegas was founded in the spring of 2004 by a small group of like-minded colleagues and friends whose combined eye was on the look out for an exciting new business opportunity. The company’s founders – four of whom are Argentine-born – quickly made plans to visit Mendoza and begin the process of finding great wines to bring back and sell in the UK
Previously seen as something of a "workhorse" grape, Criolla Grande was planted across South America, and is now becoming more recognised by top quality producers. Using grapes from 80 year old vines in eastern Mendoza, this Recoleta offers sweet red fruits of cherry and raspberry, balanced with a mouth-watering, refreshing acidity. Nothing overly complex - this wine is ideal for a casual evening with friends, or setting alongside a weeknight dinner.
Sells elsewhere for up to £12.50, we have sourced a very small parcel of 6bottles and can offer it to you for £8.49 per bottle.