Quinta do Vallado 'Quinta do Orgal' Superior
- Vintage: 2018 (bottled 2020)
- Origin: Douro, Portugal
- Taste Guide: Full bodied, balanced acidity and oaked for 16 months. A surprising wine, of vivid colour, with intense aromas. Exuberant and mysterious, it combines the typical floral aromas of Touriga Nacional with hints of exotic fruits. Great quality tannins, intense and silky. It delivers a fresh and citric after-taste, brought on by the presence of wild fruits.
- Varietal blend: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Sousão.
- Food Match: Red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
- 75cl - Traditional Cork Closure - 14%
Quinta do Vallado Superior is a red wine produced from organic vineyards of Touriga Nacional, Sousão and Touriga Franca grapes from the region of Douro. After a long maceration, the fermentation occurred in stainless steel tanks, at a controlled temperature. The wine was stayed, for 16 months, in oak barrels before bottling.
The previous four vintages, reviewed by Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast, have all received 90-94/100 points by all three publications/websites. Consistent and excellent quality wine that's suitable for ageing.
Rare wine to find in the UK is £20-£25 retail but Bin End Wine customers can enjoy this at a rather good price of just £16.99 per bottle.