Perelada Finca Malaveïna, Empordà
- Vintage: 2016
- Origin: Spain
- Grape Varieties: Merlot typically 40% with Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc making up the next 40% Garnacha Tinta and Syrah are added to make up the remaining 20%
- Taste Guide: Delightful aromas of violets, roses and black fruit with oak ageing notes and a mineral background accompany a complex, creamy, mature and smooth taste on the palate. All in all, an excellent Emporda estate wine with a splendid potential for laying down and great value for money.
- Food pairing: Mushrooms, Risottos, Soft cheeses, White fish, Red meat, Game, White meats, Charcuterie
- 75cl - 14.5% - Traditional Cork opening
- Amazing score on Vivino.com of 4.2 for this vintage too.
Among its great references, Perelada Finca Malaveïna is a red wine produced by the Perelada winery in the DO Empordà, in the northeast region of the Iberian Peninsula.
The grapes come from a single farm, la Finca Malaveïna, located in the village of Garriguella, in the Alt Empordà.
There are 19 hectares of hillside overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, with red clay soil and boulders.
It has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot summers tempered by the proximity of the sea and with a great influence from the Tramontana, a strong north wind that can reach gusts up to 120 km/h.
Perelada Finca Malaveïna is made from a blend of Merlot, Garnacha and Syrah varieties.
The harvest is done manually, with a selection occurring in the vinyard. Each of the varieties are vinified separately. A long maceration of the grape is performed before fermentation, which occurs at a controlled temperature of 25 ° C.
Finca Malaveïna is aged for 16 months in new French Allier Bordeaux oak barrels.
A superb wine estate in Empordà, with excellent value and great aging potential. We recommend decanting before serving.
£20+ if you can find this wine elsewhere but this vintage is rare as hens teeth. Try it for only £15.99