Paco da Palmeira 'Royal Palmeira' Loureiro Sur Lies Fines
- Vintage: 2016
- Origin; Paco da Palmeira, Vinho Verde, Minho, Portugal
- Taste guide: Well rounded with tropical and tree fruit notes on the nose. Palate reflects this with hints of papaya, pineapple and peach. Off dry, smooth, medium bodied & part oaked. This is a deliciously complex and well made white.
- Food pairing: This wine makes it the perfect accompaniment to apetizers and/or grilled fish and seafood.
- 75cl - 13% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Great score of 4.1/5 on Vivino.com
We've managed to find a very rare Portuguese speciality, made from the unique Loureiro grape.
This vintage in particular not only rates as the top vintage for this wine since 2009, but it sits in the top 2% of all wines in the world! (source: vivino.com)
Before you even get to open the bottle you will be impressed with how beautiful the 'hourglass' the bottle is, including intricate glass detailing and a pretty label adorning the middle.
Once poured, (please open with time to breathe) you will notice the wine is a lovely light gold in colour with a nose of enticing ripe fruit and minerals. It’s a perfect blend of Chardonnay meets Pinot Grigio, where the flavours are left bouncing in your mouth after every sip.
Sold at £12 when it was available in the UK and noted at €32 in one Portugese restaurant! Binendwines' price is just £7.99