Nederburg Two Centuries Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Vintage: 2013
- Origin: Paarl, South Africa
- Taste Guide: Full bodied & matured, (oaked) in new Radoux barrels for 30 months. It shows notes of cassis, tobacco leaf and cigar box on the bouquet; rich, ripe black fruits harmonise with oak to produce a generous, mouth-filling profusion of flavours, with firm tannins on the finish.
- Will continue to develop and hence cellar well. Ensure optimal lying angle and temperature before storing for long periods of time.
- 75cl - 14.5% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Food matches: Hearty meals, stews, roasts and the like. If the weather is warmer, try with a charcuterie board.
1791 was the year that Philippus Wolvaart arrived in The Cape, laying the foundation for what is now South Africa's most prized name in wine.
Situated in the heart of the beautiful and fertile Paarl winelands, 60 km north-east of Cape Town, against the backdrop of the Drakenstein Mountains, the Nederburg homestead is a classic example of a history and heritage as deep as the roots of their vines, they have nurtured the land and built a strong foundation on which the success of Nederburg was to flourish. Nederburg in Paarl is one of South Africa’s most awarded wineries with a prize-winning pedigree that stems from a culture of innovation and disciplined attention to detail. The wines are refreshing and richly fruited with bold flavours and structure. Their hallmark combination of contemporary, vibrant flavour and classical structure blends the best of both worlds – the New and the Old.
Nederburg is synonymous with the Cabernet Sauvignon variety, considered the world’s most renowned grape for the making of top-quality red wine.
This Cabernet is a real showstopper, classy, prestigious and will continue to cellar well if you can dare not open it! We haven’t found a wine that scores so consistently high for a long time, reference Vivino link Retail is anywhere from £24-£30 at other merchants, just £22.99 here, go on treat yourself or a red wine glean you love!
Please note this is not the “Private Bin 2017” found on Amazon