Navajas Crianza Rioja
- Vintage: 2016
- Origin: Estate Bottled in La Rioja, Spain
- Taste guide: Ruby red in colour, with light tawny shades of a medium-high layer. It has a lively woody aroma which fits well with the typical fruitiness of these wonderful grape varieties. With a smooth, silky body. It is elegant and sophisticated, leaving a lingering length on the palate. Oaked in American Oak Casks for at least 12 months.
- 75cl - 13.5% - Natural Cork Opening
- 80-85% Tempranillo with Garnacha and Manuela (aka Carignan) making up the balance.
- Food Pairing: Shepherd's Pie; Steak and Kidney Pudding; Roast Lamb
Bodegas Navajas is a family owned and run winery producing fantastic quality, consistent and reliable wines.
The year 2000 was a turning point in the Bodega’s history when they invested in enlarging and improving the winery and cellars with a new barrel-aging area, and adding new modern facilities equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
The family believe that the quality of the wine begins in the vineyards, and for this reason they monitor and control the vineyards which belong to their growers in Rioja Alta and Baja.
£12-13 at 3 or 4 other online merchants in the UK, just £9.99 for an approachable, pleasant and easy drinking Crianza.