La Garenne Syrah, IGP Pays d'Oc
- Vintage: 2020
- Origin: Languedoc-Roussillon, France
- Grape: Shiraz (Syrah)
- Taste Guide: Medium-full bodied with great length, well-balanced and keen structure throughout. This deeply coloured Syrah has attractive cherry and pepper spice flavours which are offset by the wine's meaty and bitter chocolate aromas. This is a robust red with flavours of dark berry fruits and dark chocolate which linger pleasantly in the mouth.
- Allow wine to reach room temperature and breathe/decant the wine first to allow the cuvee to open up. In fact, we opened a bottle and upon finishing the 2nd half of the bottle the following day, we found the wine much more fruit forward, more vibrant and frankly more delicious!
- 75cl - 13.5% - Traditional Cork Closure - No ‘Back Label’
- Food Pairing: This Southern French Syrah matches superbly well with stews and roast meat dishes. With its hints of dark pepper and a lick of spice it could also take on a tagine.
£10+ at various other merchants… just £6.99 here is superb value for money, if we do say so ourselves!