Finca Dos Cientos, Rioja
- Aromatic blend of Tempranillo and Graciano, the nose displays concentrated ripe cherry aromas which lead to a palate of fresh redcurrants and smoke of cedar with a hint of spice. The structure is firm but smooth, providing a well-bablanced body with a silky lingering finish.
- Vintage: 2016
- Origin: Rioja Alta, Northern Spain
- Taste Guide: Medium bodied, elegant spicy aromas with red fruits & a hint of vanilla oak, ripe and juicy fruit flavours underpinned by a fine tannic structure - Oaked
- 75cl - 13.5% - Traditional Cork Closure
- Blend: Tempranillo 90% Graciano 10%
- International, Commended Wine Winner, 2020 (2016 Vintage)
Bodegas Patrocinio is located in Uruñuela, a unique wine producing town in the heart of Rioja Alta. Starting out as 200 grape growers with small vineyards and complex soils, these producers joined together to create intricate and harmonious wines to perfectly reflect the unique nature of their vineyards and terroir.
The complex blend of grape varieties in Finca Dos Cientos is unique to this wine and includes classic Riojan variety Tempranillo along with the indigenous Graciano variety. Grown in small quantities, Graciano lends definition and character to this exceptional blend. A super Rioja overseen by renowned winemaker, Maria Martinez.
Aromatic blend of Tempranillo and Graciano, the nose displays concentrated ripe cherry aromas which lead to a palate of fresh redcurrants and smoke of cedar with a hint of spice. The structure is firm but smooth, providing a well-bablanced body with a silky lingering finish. We decanted this for 30 minutes which opened up the tannins making it far smoother and easier to drink - hence highly advisable to let breathe before drinking.
Pairing: A great companion to Slow-Roasted Lamb, or Pulled Pork as well as traditional Tapas.
£35 a bottle in the plush restaurant/bar/hotel: Mr Coopers, Manchester (although it costs £7.50 for eggs on toast there!) would indicate a high street value of around £16. Try it @BinEndWines for just £9.60