Domaine Begude Sauvignon Blanc, Haute Vallee de l'Aude
- Vintage: 2018
- Origin: IGP Haute Vallee de l'Aude, France
- Taste Guide: Dry, medium bodied, fresh, unoaked and typically aromatic. All the classic gooseberry & grassy nose notes with zesty lime and grapefruit flavours on the palate. Balanced acidity.
- 75cl - 12.5% - Traditional Cork Opening
- ORGANIC WINE
- Meal matches: Goes marvellously with quiches, salads, white meat and fish.
- Vegan & Vegetarian Friendly
Fresh, bright and zippy Sauv Blanc from Domaine Begude: an organic estate nestled at 300m altitude in the foothills of the Pyrenees in the south of France.
Domaine Begude was purchased in 2003 by British couple James and Catherine Kinglake. The Kinglakes converted the vineyard over to organic farming, using only natural fertilizers and no irrigation. Today their wines are among our best direct imports with an array including Chardonnay, Viognier, Pinot Noir and even Grüner Veltliner. The wines are made by Laurent Girault, a native of Charente who has made wine all over France as well as New Zealand’s Central Otago region. Laurent’s winemaking style is clean, honest and made with little intervention. The Sauvignon Blanc is vinified in stainless steel to preserve a fresh, bright profile. Snappy and vibrant, this little wine shows notes of gooseberry, lemongrass and citrus zest on the palate, and is a great match to vegetable dishes.
Waitrose retail this for £10 which is good value for the quality. Also available elsewhere online for as much as £12.99.
Bin End customers will only pay £8.85 per bottle.