Château Saint Baillon, Côtes de Provence Rosé
- Vintage: 2020
- Origin: AOP Cotes de Provence, France
- Taste Guide: Dry, unoaked and a classic Provencal rosé; beautifully pale pink in colour with a delicate nose of wild strawberry, morello cherry and a hint of sea air. An abundance of fresh red fruit on the palate, with balanced acidity and a crisp finish.
- 75cl - 12.5% - Traditional Cork Opening
- Varietals: Grenache, Cinsault & Syrah – pale, fresh and charming!
- Food pairing: Great to enjoy every mouthful on its own or with minimal food interruption like appetisers or fresh salads!
Located in the heart of Cotes de Provence, Chateau St Baillon sits nestled at a perfect intersection between the mountains and the sea.
Vines and olive trees have been cultivated here since the Gallo-Roman era, and today the estate stretches over 200ha of the Cotes de Provence appellation. Vestiges of history remain; from terraces erected by Roman slaves for the cultivation of vines, to an oppidum that overlooks the property, to a sixteenth century bastide.
Located at an altitude of 300m on rocky clay-limestone soil with blue marls, the south-facing terraced hillsides are in a perfect position to soak up sunlight during Provence's long, warm days. This allows for gradual maturity of the grapes, and a beautiful expression of terroir in every wine produced. Continuity of tradition and respect for the land is paramount at Chateau St Baillon, and all harvests are carried out by hand.
"In spite of the vast number of rosés that appear on our shelves each year, there are only a handful of Provençal properties that I truly rate and Saint Baillon is one. Not only does this wine taste absolutely stunning in 2020 but it also keeps its price keenly competitive and this is great news for us all". Matthew Jukes
Retails on another ‘respectable’ website for £13.95 making our price a rather good one at just £9.99 per bottle!