Caballo Loco, 2017 Grand Cru Apalta
- Vintage: 2017
- Origin: Colchagua Valley , Chile
- Varietal blend: Cabernet Sauv / Carménère
- Taste guide: Full bodied & Oaked. Great intensity of ripe plum, blackberry, dark bramble and damson with a hint of pepper spice. The fruit flavours and oak are beautifully integrated with smooth tannins and a firm structure.
- 75cl - Traditional Cork Closure - 14.7%
- Serve with: Enjoy a glass alongside roast pork, beef brisket or dishes with kale and lentils.
The temperature change from day to night in the Apalta region of Chile's stunning Colchagua Valley is key to ripening the Carménère and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes fully, which in turn deliver wines with sumptuous colour, softs tannins and ripe dark-fruit aromas.
This Caballo Loco – or 'crazy horse' – combines all these wonderful characteristics of its terroir into a wine that has intense juicy flavours of blackcurrants and plums, and lighter notes of pepper, with a hint of spice on its elegant, long finish.
(Wooden Crate not included unless local to Loughborough)