Bibi Graetz Testamatta 'Scopeto' Toscana IGT
- Vintage: 2018
- Origin: Veneto I.G.T. - Cantina di Monteforte, Italy
- Varietal blend: Ansonica 70%, Vermentino 30%
- Taste guide: Medium bodied, off dry, fruity and mineral white - unoaked. Pleasant and easy drinking, produced from grapes cultivated in the Isola del Giglio. Nose of different flowers, citrus and white fruits. The taste is juicy, fresh and fruity, characterised by a typical mineral note.
- 75cl - 12% - traditional cork opening
- Food pairing: Perfect with fish appetisers, eggplant parmigiana, pasta with swordfish, and aubergines.
Bibi Graetz is lucky enough to be able to indulge his twin passions of art and wine from his château overlooking Florence. It was founded just in 2000, but in that time the reputation of his wines has soared. He decided early on that he'd pay scant regard to DOCG rules and simply do what was best for the wine – with grape variety, provenance and method. He adores old vines, all of them for Testamatta 35-50 years old, organic methods, natural yeasts and a gentle hand in winemaking.