2021 Yealands Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
- Vintage: 2021
- Origin: Marlborough, New Zealand
- Weight, body & ageing: Dry, medium bodied, zippy acidity and UNOAKED
- Taste Guide: Nose shows lifted tropical & citrus notes, underpinned with aromas of freshly cut herbs & blackcurrant leaf. The delicious palate is layered with green tropical fruits & balanced with a refreshing crisp mineral finish.
- 75cl - 13% - Screwcap
- Food Match: Enjoy with seafood, grilled chicken, salads and pastas
- Suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Gluten free
- Gold medal, 95/100 (New World Wine Awards 2021)
- 89/100 & Top Value Award (Bob Campbell MW, The Real Review) - "Punchy sauvignon blanc"
Certified CarboNZero, one of the greenest vineyards in NZ!
Y is for Yealands and the Y-shape iconic road that runs along their stunning coastal vineyard.
In fact, the coastal vineyard inspires them, so close to the ocean that the vines are often misted with sea spray! The beauty of the environment influences how the team here craft wine, respectful of nature and the land. Yealands are proud leaders in sustainable winemaking bringing you beautifully crafted wines. So this wine may well be our first official Carbon Neutral wine here at BinEndWines!
Carefully selected parcels of Sauvignon Blanc from the Awatere and Wairau Valley vineyards were used to craft this wine. At the winery, individual parcels of fruit were gently pressed and clarified. The clear juice was then fermented separately using a range of selected yeasts. A long, cool fermentation in stainless steel tanks retained the vibrant, fresh characters Sauvignon Blanc is known for. After fermentation the wine was blended, stabilised, and filtered in preparation for bottling.
"Think boldly, tread lightly and never say it can't be done."