Giesen, Small Batch, Sauvignon Blanc - Marlborough

Sorry this wine is now sold out. We have similar styles of wine listed on this page that match your original choice which you may want to consider.

Sells elsewhere for up to

£8.75 / bottle(s)
You save 45 %

Vintage: 2016

Origin: Giesen, Marlborough, New Zealand

Taste guide: Dry, gooseberry, green fruit and snow-pea flavours, subtle sweetness, good acidity and minerality, part oaked

75cl - screwcap - 13%

Vegan, Biodynamic

Giesen Small Batch Sauvignon Blanc is a select, hand-crafted wine of limited production, made from small premium parcels of fruit from Awatere Valley, one of the best sub-regions in Marlborough. Fruit from the Awatere Valley delivers more texture and has greater ability to age. All vines are sustainably grown and certified.

These select parcels of fruit are individually tended to in the winery, to ensure they truly represent the vineyard. The winemakers use a mix of inoculated and wild inoculated yeasts.  90% of the blend is fermented in tank, this gives lovely fruit characteristics, with the other 10% aged in a mix of French & German oak barrels, which gives weight, texture & ageing potential. Following final blending the wine is aged on its lees for 4 months to give a lovely mouth feel.

Shows a pale straw hue with green tinges throughout. Intense aromas of gooseberry, guava and passionfruit flow from the perfumed bouquet. These fragrances make way for a dense and layered palate filled with flavours of flint, herbs and subtle savoury characters. The wine is rich with wonderful tropical notes that interplay with crushed nettle and cut apple aromas. Balanced by chalky acidity and good minerality, these vibrant aromas and flavours end in a firm, lengthy and persistent finish.

This enticing Sauvignon Blanc tastes great with all white meats, veggie burgers, sushi, and grilled asparagus. We enjoyed it on its own!

Commended_thumb_Giesen_2016   Commended at the 2018 International Wine Challenge 

This is a mature Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc of considerable class and sells elsewhere at prices ranging from £13.99 - £15.99.

Available now at Binendwines for a price closer to that of a basic Marlborough Sauvignon - just £8.75. We bought all the limited stock offered to us and can get no more. 

Browse these categories as well: White Wine, New Zealand, Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand, White wine